Dear CGWG members,
Please accept this advanced notice of the CGWG Annual General Meeting, which will take place on 6 September at 13:00 BST. The AGM will take place online via Zoom. Registration is available via Eventbrite here.
We warmly welcome you all to the meeting. As well as the formal business of running the working group, it’s a great opportunity for us to meet and hear from the wide range of researchers who are linked to our network. We are particularly keen to hear feedback on our recent CGWG events and ECR programme.
If you wish to send agenda items for discussion, please email our secretary Lauren Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday 26 August. This is especially encouraged for any members where the time-zone does not allow attendance – we will happily provide feedback on the discussion around your point of interest.
The Carceral Geography Working Group is also looking for new committee members to fill the following positions:
Communications Lead (3 year term)
- Lead communications and marketing activity to promote the activities of the CGWG and encourage membership
- Develop and maintain the CGWG website and other digital communications
- Produce communications to support the delivery of CGWG events
- Develop and oversee the use of the CGWG brand identity
Treasurer (3 year term)
- Keep the accounts for the group
- Ensure payments are made on behalf of the group
- Compile and submit the group’s annual financial reporting.
Candidates for the Treasurer positions must be a Fellow or Postgraduate Fellow of the RGS-IBG. Financial support for Fellowship is available for eligible candidates via the RGS-IBG. If you are interested in this committee position but would require this support, details of the application are attached.
We also have vacancies for our Advisory Board (3 year term) for those who wish to be involved with the CGWG but who may not wish to take on an executive committee position.
- Attend AGM and one-other dedicated Advisory Board meeting per year to offer opinions/suggestions for the development of CGWG activities
- Circulate CGWG events/information via personal and professional networks
- Offer additional support for the committee (as appropriate to experience and availability, as necessary) for tasks such as attending/chairing events; abstract selection; CGWG prize assessment; ECR programme development; support for non-academic engagement.
Nominations for these committee roles and for the Advisory Board are now open. Nominations must be in writing to the Chair (Dr Jennifer Turner – email@example.com) and Secretary (Dr Lauren Martin – firstname.lastname@example.org) with the name of two nominators (these need not be Fellows of the RGS-IBG or existing committee members). Nominations can be made until the conclusion of the AGM. If you are unable to attend the meeting (due to time-zone, diary conflicts, etc), please let us know and we will act on your behalf. A vote will be used to make decisions.
If you have any questions about what the roles involve, don’t hesitate to contact Dr Jennifer Turner – email@example.com.