*With apologies for cross-posting*
As noted on the AGM page for the RGS-IBG, the Annual General Meeting of the Carceral Geography Working Group (CGWG) of the RGS-IBG will take place online on Thursday 27th August 2020, 13:00-15:00 UK time (GMT+1). All are welcome. If you wish to send agenda items for discussion, please email our secretary Jennifer Turner (Jennifer.Turner@liverpool.ac.uk) by Thursday 20th August at noon. This meeting will be held over Zoom. Register for the Zoom session via Eventbrite.
The Carceral Geography Working Group is also looking for new committee members to fill the following positions:
- Chair (3 year term)
- Secretary (3 year term)
- Postgraduate Representative (2 positions) (1 year term)
Candidates for these positions must be a Fellow or Postgraduate Fellow of the RGS-IBG.
* Chair is responsible for:
- Chairing the AGM and working with the Research Group Secretary to produce meeting agendas, agree minutes, and communicate effectively with the RGS-IBG, CGWG committee, and membership; contributing to the Annual Report and other central RGS-IBG processes as required; a central point of contact for CGWG committee members and assisting relevant personnel with initiatives, events and activities as needed; attending Research Group Committee meetings and other associated events at the RGS-IBG offices (2-3 times per year); having (light touch) oversight of the Research Group’s activities
*Secretary is responsible for:
- The coordination of the research group’s administration; preparation of agendas and notices; ensuring meetings are effectively organised and minuted; maintaining effective records; overseeing the membership of the group; communication and correspondence with the membership
* Postgraduate Representatives are responsible for:
- promoting postgraduate interests and needs to the wider Research Group; occasional conference, seminar and session organisation for post-graduates (with rest of group) and maintaining connection with wider postgraduate community through the Postgraduate Forum.
Nominations for these committee roles are now open. Nominations must be in writing to the Chair (Professor Dominique Moran – firstname.lastname@example.org ) and Secretary (Dr Jennifer Turner – email@example.com) with the name of two nominators (these need not be Fellows of the RGS-IBG or existing committee members). Nominations are accepted until Thursday 20th August. If more than one person is nominated, a vote will be held during the business of the AGM. Candidates will ideally need to be based in the UK to attend meetings and make a commitment to fulfilling their elected post.
If you have any questions about what the roles involve, or anything else at all, don’t hesitate to get in contact.
All the best,
Dominique Moran (Chair, CGWG)
Jennifer Turner (Secretary, CGWG)
Anna Schliehe (Treasurer, CGWG)