Would you like to pursue postdoctoral research in carceral geography at the University of Birmingham? Have you recently received, or will you soon receive, your PhD from a University which is part of an ESRC Doctoral Training network (even if your PhD was not funded by the ESRC?) Then apply for one of FOUR ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships on offer from the Midlands Graduate School ESTC DTP!
These fellowships are aimed at those in the immediately postdoctoral stage of their career, to provide the opportunity to consolidate their PhD through developing publications, their networks, and their research and professional skills.
The call is open to applicants who:
- have completed or expected to complete their PhD at a research organisation that is part of a DTP or CDT,
- have either been awarded a PhD by the submission deadline (23rd March 2018), or have submitted their thesis and passed their viva voce with minor corrections, with the expectation that the PhD will be awarded by the fellowship start date (1st October 2018).
- have no more than 12 months of active postdoctoral experience by the closing date of the competition (23rd March 2018).
Please read the call specification and FAQ documents fully before applying.
Proposals are welcome from single or inter-disciplinary backgrounds but the fellowship activities must be aligned to one of the Midlands Graduate School DTP’s 17 accredited pathways. (eg Human Geography)
The application deadline to apply for Postdoctoral Fellowships is 16.00 on Friday 23 March 2018 – this is the national deadline set by the ESRC and applies across all 14 DTPs.
To discuss a potential Fellowship in carceral geography, please contact Dominique Moran firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your eligibility and application.
In addition to completing the Postdoctoral Fellowship application form, all applicants will be required to submit the following mandatory attachments, and further details regarding these are provided in the ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships Call specification:
- Case for support (maximum six sides of A4)
- Justification of resources (maximum two sides of A4)
- CV (maximum two sides of A4)
- List of publications
- Head of department statement (maximum one side of A4)
- Mentor statement and summary CV (maximum two sides of A4)
- Referee statement (maximum one side of A4)
- Other attachments (optional unless undertaking and overseas visit) i.e. If you are intending to visit an overseas institution within the period of the fellowship, a letter of support from the institution must be provided, supporting the visit in principle.